State Your Case
Back for its 10th year, UBM Boston offers an extraordinary opportunity to gain an added edge on the competition across New England’s thriving medtech, design and manufacturing, and embedded systems communities, presenting the latest technical and product innovations that can significantly move your business forward. Encompassing three expos and two conferences, the event provides unparalleled prospects for industry professionals, connecting you to 3,300+ peers and 375+ suppliers from top companies.
If cost in terms of time and transportation is an issue, tell your boss that this is a must-attend event that will put you in contact with important contacts and suppliers who are not only redefining the future of biomedical, design manufacturing, and embedded systems technologies, but who may also be crucial to your company's success.
Tips for Making It Happen
- Determine the value – Describe ways that attending this event can benefit overall company goals by improving current projects, inspiring knowledge, and eliminating obstacles that may be facing the team.
- Be Solutions-Driven – Provide your boss with the list of companies attending and identify specific ways they can provide solutions to day-to-day issues at your business.
- Offer an Event Summary – Commit to providing a brief summation or presentation that enumerates the highlights of the event that specifically address your business's concerns.
- Plan for your absence – Think ahead, and prepare a way to have your missed worktime covered.
- Make it Cost-Effective – Offer to share a hotel room with another colleague who also may be attending or obtain a reduced "group rate" if a number of colleagues attend to reduce expenses.
Among the many compelling reasons to attend UBM Boston, here is a "Top 5 Reasons" list that highlights the event's importance and scope to present to your supervisor. No other trade show event puts you in direct contact with so many innovative companies and industry leaders in one comprehensive meeting place:
- Hundreds of suppliers — Access more than 375 top companies from industry sectors such as robotics, in vitro diagnostics, automation, design and manufacturing, sensor technology, and embedded system design.
- Insightful Industry Education — Gain a broader understanding of newer technologies and manufacturing processes through free Expo education sessions, or take advantage of curated industry knowledge across seven conference tracks in areas such as R&D, product development, open-source software, real-time operating systems, and firmware.
- Hands-on Training — Get up-close, hands-on training from experts on techniques and technologies that are changing the face of the medtech, manufacturing, and embedded design industries.
- Make connections – FAST! – Mingle with 3,300+ industry peers, and find potential business partners while connecting face-to-face with industry experts and suppliers who can help you overcome your toughest project challenges.
- Three Leading Trade Shows in One – Your free expo pass unlocks access to two additional expos — Design & Manufacturing New England and Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Boston — where you'll find the full spectrum of products and services supporting New England's booming medtech, embedded systems, and design engineering sectors.
Conference Tracks At-A-Glance
Across two days, thought leaders will share their insights at two information-packed conferences through a variety of formats and sessions tailored to novices and seasoned pros alike. With unlimited track hopping across both conference topics, you'll find hours of education to address the specific needs of your department.
The BIOMEDevice Boston tracks:
- Product Development
The ESC Boston tracks:
Expo/Conference Cost Worksheet
One question inevitably comes up: How much will this cost? Make sure you've taken all costs into consideration and are prepared with a thoughtful answer. See Pricing for Passes.